The Sustainable Sidmouth Champions Awards was first considered in late 2020 – in the middle of the pandemic:
The Awards were launched in spring 2021 – with the following objectives at their heart:
- The Awards will celebrate the role local people have played in our community by going out of their way to offer help or support.
- This past year has obviously been very tough for all and we feel that it’s important to recognise these contributions .
- We want to engage as many residents as possible in these awards and make it a really important, inclusive local event.
The organisers of the Awards then asked the wider Sidmouth community:
- to nominate an individual, a business or a group who you feel deserves recognition,
- to share this information as widely as possible,
- and to join us in congratulating all those who get nominated.
What are the three award categories?
a focus on green issues
a focus on business adaptability
a focus on community efforts
With the How to Nominate page giving further details – closed for nominations as of 30 September 2021.